Thursday, August 27, 2009

Highlights

I moved to Colorado almost two weeks ago now, and so much has happened in the past two days that I felt a desire to share my highlights with all of you:
  • My apartment rocks.  $500 a month includes cable, internet, a washer and dryer, and furnishings.  Plus it's on campus and was just remodeled 3 years ago, so it has brand new paint, furniture, light fixtures, blinds, etc.  The only downside is I can't park on campus, so it's sometimes difficult to find parking, and I sometimes have to walk a ways to get to my car.
  • My roommate rocks.  She has been so helpful with getting around Boulder, letting me hang out with her and her friends, and is a great listener!  Yay for Christina!
  • There are SO MANY people here!  The University has 29,000 students.  That's amazing!  It's strange to walk across campus and not see one single familiar face.  I used not to be able to walk across campus without getting stopped, now no one knows me.
  • My studio placement audition went way better than I could have hoped.  I later found out that all of the professors wanted to have me in their studios and that they are very excited to have me, even though I didn't score that well in the audition for admission.
  • He asked me to sing for the entire vocal department, students and faculty, next week.  Ack!!
  • I'm in University Choir! (That's a good thing.)  I'm also taking an opera theatre class that is putting on a scenes program December 1, so if you have some free time, come on out! :)
  • I learned today that I will probably be the recipient of a full-tuition scholarship next year.  Yay!!
Okay, that's enough for now.  I'm off to study theory.  More later!

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G. Cookie!!!!!!!! What an awesome couple of days for you! New friends, already? Full scholarship? Awesome profs?? I almost forgive you for not telling me about this blog in the first place... not really :)

    PS: The movie theater blog made me laugh out loud. I remember a coworker saying something about the AWESOME Fargo theaters and how they have CUPHOLDERS. Cupholers. In. The. Seat. She couldn't believe it.

    I, on the other hand, couldn't believe Fargo had electricity already. :)

    MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete