Saturday, September 04, 2010

Best. Day. Ever.

I've had a couple of rough days since I came back to Boulder.  I went to the ER and found out that I have gallstones, ex-boyfriend drama, a not-so-great audition, etc. 

Today completely made up for all of that.  It is the best. day. ever.

This morning, Kenny and I walked a few blocks down to the Boulder County Farmer's Market.  It was our first time going, and now I wish I could go every day.  All I bought was a delicious pretzel that we shared, and he bought an alpaca sweater, but that wasn't the joy.  The joy was in the atmosphere.  Perfect weather, meandering people, organic and home-made fruits, veggies, dips, oils, vinegars, flowers, jewelry, and so on.  So many booths.  So much food.  So many people.  It was fantastic.

During our meandering, we stopped in a little amphitheatre and saw a really great Frank Sinatra impersonator.  It would have been better had he had a live band instead of an ipod, but he had a fantastic voice, great stage presence, and wonderful crowd interaction.  He was good.  

We left there and walked down to Pearl Street, where we saw Boulder's one-and-only Ibashi-i, a very famous street performer.  More than just a performer, though, he's a contortionist.  He closes his show by jamming his entire body into a clear glass box that's 20" x 20" x 20".  Amazing.


When his show was through, we went through the Romanian Festival tent, where they were featuring traditional Romanian dancing.  There was this one guy with a fantastic moustache.  Clearly the leader of the troupe.  He was dancing quite spritely for his age, clearly enjoying himself.  They even had audience participation dances, which were probably not quite as fun to watch as they were to participate in, but I smiled the entire time.


We ran into a friend on the walk home, chatted for a while, and I had to blog right away.  I feel like I should go to bed now, just because I don't want anything bad to happen to ruin the day.  Perfect.

1 comment: