Monday, January 18, 2010

Dear Friends, It's Been a While

If you're a regular reader of my blog (and I know that some of you are still checking on a daily basis...), then you know that it's been nearly a month since I've written here. 

Please forgive me.

Going without the blog has been as bad for me as it has been for you, trust me.

While I was in Gwinner during Christmas break, there were times when my life attitude was horrible.  I would consider writing a blog, but chose not to, because that type of negative writing would not have been good for my morale or yours.  In addition, although there were blog-worthy things happening, not many were blog-appropriate.  I'm going to choose not to explain to you what that means, so again, you have to trust me.

When people ask me how my Christmas break was, I have to stop and think how to answer.  That has never happened to me before.  So much happened on different ends of the good/bad spectrum that it's a really difficult question to answer.  Christmas break was hard on me for more than one reason, some of which may be discussed here in the coming weeks.  But it may not be... 

I'm giving you the wrong impression.  No, my Christmas break was not entirely awful, although there were occasions when it was really awful.  There were also moments when it was good.  And overall, looking back, despite all of the bad things that happened during Christmas break, I have an overall really good feeling about it, again for reasons that I may discuss or may not.

I'm being cryptic and heavy.  Again, I apologize, but it's still hard for me to even think about how to begin writing about being home for Christmas.  When I consider how to write some of the things I want to write, nothing  seems to turn out in a way that will make people want to read it.  Therefore, I'm choosing to pass on writing about them for a while.  As the weeks go by, you may get snippets.  Or a really long post about everything.  But you may get nothing.

Again, I apologize, and I really don't want you all to get the wrong opinion about this post or my Christmas break.  I'm happy to be writing again, and wanted to demonstrate that I am actually still going to write the blog, and to thank you for continuing to check for posts, even though I hadn't written in such a long time.

For a very short update that will be expanded upon later: I'm almost completely settled in my new place in Broomfield.  Classes are almost the same as last semester.  Commuting is lame.

Look for another post soooooon!

No comments:

Post a Comment