Monday, October 26, 2009

The Jettie Journal: Days 2, 3, and 4 (Because we were so busy I didn't have time to write while she was here)

I got absolutely nothing accomplished this weekend, which actually ended up to be fine, because I planned on that happening.  And Jettie and I had tons of fun.  I kept saying to her, "Jettie, you would have to spend 6 weeks here in order for us to do all that we want to do."  But we crammed as much into 4 days as we possibly could. 

Friday began with some shopping at the UMC and a mini-tour of campus, followed by Jettie sitting in on my intro to music history class.  Jettie is a teacher, and the stupid kids in that class made her mad with their constant texting and game-playing.  She was actually more angry with the teacher, though, for letting the students get away with what they did.

Next, we headed to Longmont for a job interview, some shopping, and lunch and drinks at Chili's.  We headed home to cook dinner for my friends who are in the opera.  Giuseppe Verdi's "La Traviata" opened on Friday, and I planned a dinner for 6 or so of my friends who were involved in the show.  I cooked some Italian food, and everyone hung out until they were called.  Then, Austin, Jettie, and I headed over to the beautiful Macky auditorium for the show.  It was amazing.  I laughed, I cried, I got the goosebumps.

After the show, we headed downtown for drinks and snacks.  Lots of people around, having a great evening.  Jettie and I asked for shots of Crown Royal and Peach Schnapps, but they forgot the schnapps, and we were pretty tipsy.  We went to the bar and lost our buzz, which was pretty sad, then went home and went to bed.

Saturday morning, we got up early to head to the great city of Denver.  We were there by 11:00, and found a parking garage.  We decided to walk to Coors Field, but weren't sure of the location.  We saw a large building in the distance and decided to walk in that direction.  We got about a quarter of the way there, after walking about two miles (I'm not exaggerating), then realized it was actually Invesco Field.  Oops.  We turned around and headed back to town.  We walked the 16th Street Mall for hours, and ate a delicious dinner of nachos and pretzels at the Rock Bottom Brewery.  I drank a WHOLE beer.  By myself!  Yay! 



Me and my whole beer!

 We walked more and more, then took a nap in my car with the radio on.  The battery died while we were sleeping, and we had to have it jumped.  Thank goodness they had a jump box in the parking garage.  We walked some more, and had drinks at the Rialto Cafe.  A nice old man sat beside us at the bar, and paid for our drinks before he left.

We hit up "Wicked," which was amazing.  No complaints.  We had good seats, it was great entertainment, and I loved it.  We went back to the Rialto Cafe to visit out new favorite bartender, Lucas, (Sorry Jamo and James!) and to eat supper at 11:00 pm.  We were exhausted after having walked ALL day, so we went to bed.

Sunday morning, we woke up early enough to head to the Original Pancake House, a Boulder staple, for breakfast.  We then sent Jettie on her way.

It was an amazing weekend, and it was so fun reminiscing and being crazy (although we never got as crazy as I hoped and expected).  Friends are always welcome here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment