Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Follow Up: Big City Homecoming

My first quote of the week blog was all about small-town homecoming, and based on the number of people who read it, I would guess that you all loved it.  A lot.

In the blog, I promised to tell you all about homecoming here at CU Boulder: homecoming in the the big city.  

There's not much to tell.

Maybe it's because I'm not a true freshman and have already done the whole college thing once, or maybe it's because this is a big school and I don't feel really connected here like I did at JC, or maybe it's just because I didn't really care, but for whatever reason, I did nothing to celebrate Homecoming.  Nothing.

As I said before, Homecoming at JC was exciting, because I knew the football players, it was really easy to get involved, and it was a big deal if you weren't involved somehow.

Last week was Homecoming here, and I don't know any of the events that took place, aside from a parade and the overly-obvious football game.  I didn't go to the parade, and I didn't go to to the football game. I didn't even listen to the football game; instead, I had to ask a random pedestrian who had won.

It kind of makes me sad that I wasn't active at all in Homecoming here.  Had one of my friends not participated in Homecoming activities in Jamestown, I would have made fun of them endlessly.  Endlessly.  I really feel like Homecoming is a great way to show school spirit.  And it's fun.

Why didn't I do anything?  And why doesn't it bother me more?  I don't really have definite answers.  None of my friends here really seemed to care about it, maybe because they're musicians (?).  No one even brought it up.  For Pete's sake, I haven't even seen a football game since moving here.

New goal in life: see a football game, and maybe care more about CU athletics.

No comments:

Post a Comment