Thursday, September 10, 2009

Opera Theatre

Whew!  It seems like a while since I've written, and I have lots to write about, but not much time to write it in.  I'll start with opera theatre.
If you'll recall, last Monday, we had auditions for scenes opera theatre class.  I wrote a blog about it.  You should read it. 

The results of those auditions were posted on Wednesday.  I was cast in an amazing(?) role.  That I've never heard of.  What follows is true information.

The opera's name is Hansel and Gretel.  It was composed by Englebert Humperdinck.  I was cast as the mother.  My children are played by two Asians.  Girls.  Yes, that means a girl is playing Hansel.  You can't make this stuff up. 

I haven't been able to find a great recording of the song online, but if I do, I'll be sure to post it.

1 comment: